Electrical Safety Inspections
Ensure Your System is Safe with a Professional Inspection from Gilmore Electric Express
A whole house electrical safety inspection will ensure both safety and energy efficiency. A home should have an inspection performed every 10 years, or every 5 if it is over 30 years old. A professional inspection can give the homeowner a clearer picture of its current condition and highlight areas that need improvement. It can also catch potential dangers, including frayed or outdated wiring, before they become hazardous situations.
Reasons for an Electrical Inspection:
- If your home is 40 years or older.
- If you are considering selling your home.
- If you have high utility bills.
- If you are experiencing regularly occurring power surges/tripped circuits.
- If you are buying a high-powered appliance such as a washer/dryer.
- If you are adding a room/making renovations.
- If you change insurance providers.
- If you are purchasing an older home.
- If there are not enough outlets in your home to accommodate your electrical needs.
Benefits for an Inspection:
- Save energy and lower monthly utilities.
- Safety for your household/peace of mind.
- Verify the condition of your electrical system.
- Discover outdated wiring or electrical components.
- Discover repair or installation mistakes made by previous owners.
- Find frayed or degraded wiring that should be replaced.
- Find panels with oversized fuses or breakers that are fire hazards.
- Assess the electrical system in a potential new home.
A whole house electrical inspection will general include (depending on the system):
- Assessment of all electrical outlets.
- Assessment of grounding systems/surge protection.
- Electrical panel (fuse box) inspection.
- Assessment of outdoor electrical components.
- Assessment of arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs).
- Report on home’s entire electrical system.
Keep your home and family safe with a whole house electrical inspection from Aggieland’s favorite electricians. Call Gilmore Electric Express today at 979-77-LIGHT to schedule an appointment!