Wiring & Rewiring
Aggieland’s Most Respected Electrical Contractor
At Gilmore Electric Express our specialty is electrical wiring. Since 1945 we’ve been helping our Brazos Valley neighbors with a variety of wiring and rewiring services. From simple fixture replacement to expansive remodeling projects, our expert electricians always see it through to satisfied completion. Do you have a remodel, new construction or upgrade that requires the skill of a licensed professional? Call us today to ensure that your wiring or rewiring project is completed safely, efficiently and is code-compliant.
Common Wiring Issues
Every week Gilmore Electric Express handles a variety of wiring repair and installation issues. Whether it’s adding additional outlets or replacing unsafe aluminum wiring with copper wiring, we’re the trusted source for quality service – at lightning speed. We’ve compiled a list of common wiring issues that we tackle almost every day. If you are experiencing any of these problems, give us a call!
- Light Switch or Outlet Doesn’t Work
- Switches/Outlets Warm to the Touch
- Switches/Outlets Burned or Discolored
- Switches/Outlets Make Noises When Used
- Recurring Tripped Circuit Breakers/Blown Fuses
- Bulbs Burning Extra Bright While Some Are Dim
- Flickering Lights
- Burning Odor/Sparks
Common Reasons for Rewiring
Gilmore Electric Express has helped hundreds of home and business owners update old or defective wiring systems for over 70 years. Projects such as replacing antiquated knob-and-tube systems or fixing improperly installed wiring are just a couple of our specialties. If you own an older home or building and feel that your wiring system might need to updated, give us a call. Our electricians can give a thorough assessment of the situation – and offer realistic options in how to proceed if wiring or rewiring services are needed. Common reasons for a rewiring project include:
- Home or Building is More Than 40 Years Old
- Electrical System Has Aluminum Instead of Copper Wiring
- Ungrounded, Two-Pronged Outlets
- Made a Major Renovation
- Room Addition
- Knob and Tube Wiring Replacement
- Added Additional Large Appliances
- No GFCI Outlets
Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) Facts and Statistics
- Residential electrical fires account for an estimated 51,000 fires each year.
- Residential electrical fires account for nearly 500 deaths, more than 1,400 injuries, and $1.3 billion in property damage.
- Electrical distribution systems are the third leading cause of residential fires.
- Every year in the U.S., arcing faults are responsible for starting more than 28,000 home fires, killing and injuring hundreds of people.
- Arcing fault fires cause over $700 million in property damage a year.
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that electrical receptacles are involved in 5,300 fires every year.
- Sixty-five percent of home fire deaths result from fires in homes with no working smoke detectors.
Whether you need wire repair or a complete rewiring overhaul, Gilmore Electric Express is your first, best option. We’ve been Aggieland’s favorite electrical contractor since 1945. Call us today at 979-77-LIGHT to schedule an appointment.